RockSchool on Wheels
The “Music for Bulgaria” Foundation team has been working on providing aspiring artists with better opportunities for growth for over a decade. Establishing a mobile music school to reach children and youths from distant cities was our long-term dream. This is how we created "RockSchool on Wheels" and started traveling and providing free music lessons to students of all ages.
Our main goal is to reach small towns where local young people live in cultural isolation. Through "RockSchool on Wheels" we introduce children and adults to music and provide them with the opportunity to experience the feeling of creating music. For the most inspired ones - we give away vouchers for free online lessons.
Within the project, we visited the cities of Elin Pelin, Pernik, Pazardzhik, Blagoevgrad, Kyustendil, Samokov, and Dupnitsa. We organized music workshops with free entrance which provided guitar, bass, piano, percussion, ukulele, and singing lessons. We also performed live music together with the participants.
- We organized free music workshops in 13 Bulgarian cities - Elin Pelin, Pazardzhik, Pernik, Kyustendil, Blagoevgrad, Samokov, Dupnitsa.
- 700+ children and youths took part in our events and conducted their first music lesson
- We reached an audience of over 3 500 people, which includes parents and passers-by we managed to attract with our activities.
- We taught over 10 different musical instruments - guitar, piano, bass, cajon, djembe, ukulele, percussion, and singing
- Over 25 different media representatives covered our project activities - television, radio, and online media.
- We distributed over 300 vouchers for free lessons at RockSchool.
- We created a video about the project where people can watch some of the best moments from the workshops.