See Through Music
"See Through Music" is an adapted music education program for children and youths with impaired vision. The project is a winner of "The Change 2018/2019" - the largest socially responsible initiative of Nova Broadcasting Group and “Reach 4 Change” Foundation.
The project provides a complete scholarship program for the music education of 30 visually impaired children and youths, specialized gear, and tutor training.
The project "Seeing through music" won the European Parliament award for European Citizen for 2020. The award is given to citizens and organizations that through their projects promote mutual understanding and integration between citizens and support cooperation in the field of culture. For 2020, there were 30 awarded organizations from 25 countries.
- Teachers from RockSchool Sofia and Varna participated in training courses for better tutoring of people with impaired vision
- We purchased additional gear and musical instruments
- We organized an online contest for the selection of scholars
- 30 children and youths were awarded with scholarships for 48 hours of free music lessons and 90 hours of individual rehearsals at RockSchool
- 4 of the scholars participated in the last RockSchool concert and performed on stage in front of over 300 people
- We build a website for the initiative.